DATA PRIVACY NOTICE AND CONSENT FORM
Council for the Welfare of Children (CWC) is committed to protecting the privacy of its data subjects, and ensuring the safety and security of personal data under its control and custody. This policy is intended to provide information on what personal data is gathered by CWC about its current, past and prospective employee, service provider / consultancy (consultants) and system users of Subaybay Bata Management System (SBMS), Monitoring, Response and Reporting System – Grave Child Rights Violation on Armed Conflict (MRRS-GCRVAC), and Seal of Child Friendly Local Governance – Knowledge Management System (SCFLG-KMS); how it will use and process this; how it will keep this secure; and how it will dispose of it when it is no longer needed. This information is provided in accordance with the Philippine Republic Act No. 10173 or the “Data Privacy Act of 2012” (DPA) and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (DPA-IRR). It sets out CWC’s data protection practice put in place to safeguard the personal data of individuals it deals with, and also to inform such individuals of their rights under the Act.
This Data Privacy Notice and Consent Form may be amended at any time without prior notice, and such amendments will be notified to you via CWC’s website or by email.
CWC collects, stores, and processes personal data from its current, past and prospective employee and system users of SBMS, MRRS-GCRVAC and SCFLG-KMS, starting with the information provided by the applicant up to identified system users collected throughout the whole process of hiring and system registration. This will include:
- Contact information, such as, name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and other contact details.
- Personal information, such as date and place of birth, nationality, immigration status, religion, civil status, government-issued IDS, etc.
- Photographic and biometric data, such as, photos, CCTV videos, fingerprints, handwriting and signature specimens.
Use of Information
The collected personal data is used solely for the following purposes:
- Processing of applicants for employment and shortlisting for applied vacant position (and to confirm the identity of prospective applicants)
- Processing of consultants for consultancy services and shortlisting.
- Processing of user registration on inter-agency information systems (SBMS, MRRS-GCRVAC, and SCFLG-KMS)
- Verify identified / appoint system users of partner agencies.
Personal data under the custody of CWC shall be disclosed only to authorized recipients of such data. Otherwise, we will share your personal data with third parties, only with your consent, or when required or permitted by our policies and applicable law, such as with:
- Regulatory authorities, courts, and government agencies, e.g., Civil Service Commission.
- Management Information Systems Unit staff that perform system users’ registration processes.
Where CWC consider it necessary or appropriate, for the purposes of data storage, processing, providing any service or product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your personal data to third parties within or outside the Philippines, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
We are putting organizational, administrative, technical, and physical security measures in place to safeguard your personal data.
Only authorized personnel have access to your personal data, the exchange of which (mainly within office is facilitate through email and paper files).
Should third parties need access to your personal data, we require a non-disclosure agreement and/or a data sharing agreement with them, in compliance with the DPA and the DPA-IRR.
Your paper and digital files are securely stored: employing physical security to safeguard the paper files and technical security to protect the digital files.
Retention of Information
We keep your paper and digital files only for as long as necessary.
- Employees Records are kept by the Administrative and Finance Division – Human Resource Officer.
- Applications forms and documents of unsuccessful applicants and consultants are kept within by the Human Resource Officer for 6 months.
- System Users personal records are kept as long they are identified system users of the partner agencies.
- CCTV cameras are the responsibility of Facilities; some cameras have memory for a month of CCTV videos, and older ones for less. The cameras run continuously on a rolling basis, where older videos are overwritten as the memory fills up.
When your personal data is no longer needed, we take reasonable steps to securely destroy such information or permanently de-identify it. Paper files are securely shredded; and electronic information is deleted and Secure Erase applied so that this is no longer recoverable nor reproducible.
You have the right to be informed, object to processing, access and rectify, suspend or withdraw your personal data, including, any such information held by third parties, with whom CWC have a data sharing agreement; and be indemnified in case of damages pursuant to the provisions of the DPA and the DPA-IRR.
If you want to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any questions about how we process your personal data, please contact CWC’s Data Protection Office through the following channels:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call the Trunk line: +632 740-8864 (local 2011)
The Data Protection Officer
Council for the Welfare of Children
#10 Apo St. Sta. Theresita
Quezon City 1114, Philippines
If you have any concern or complaint about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the National Privacy Commission at https://privacy.gov.ph.